Congratulations to the winners of the 2016 Write Across Ontario contest:
Sofia Perez Avila
What the jury had to say:
“The imagination and creativity of the 2016 entries to the Write Across Ontario competition inspired and excited us. The strong voices on display gave us great confidence in the next generation of Canadian writers, and we can’t wait to see what their writing journeys look like in the future. We predict big things for these young authors!”
Read their stories here!
Write Across Ontario is a creative writing competition open to middle grade and high school students across the province, in collaboration between IFOA Ontario and Open Book. Students in grades 5 to 12 will write a story using the story-starter provided for their age group by one of four acclaimed Canadian authors. The story-starter is used as a place for students to begin their story, but where the story goes from there is in the hands of each individual.
Terms and Conditions:
- You must be a student in Ontario to enter
- Entries will be judged by IFOA, in conjunction with Open Book
- There will be four (4) winners selected, one (1) from each grade category
- One submission per student will be accepted and entries will not be returned
- Only entries submitted online via firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted
How to Enter:
- Choose the story-starter that coincides with your age category
- Stories should be between 250-500 words, not including the story-starter
- All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
- Please provide the following information with your entry:
- Full name
- Telephone number
- Email Address
- Age & grade
- Teacher’s name
- Teacher’s email address
- Name of school
- School address
Winning entries will be published online in the Open Book. Each winner will also receive a prize of $500, sponsored by Open Book.
Stay tuned for Write Across Ontario in the fall of 2017!